This Storrington church is mentioned in the Domesday Book. It has been extensively rebuilt, with the early building of the 1200s becoming the north aisle when a new nave and chancel were added 200 years later. The last major rebuilding was carried out in the 1870s. The churchyard has the grave of Fr. George Tyrrell (1851- 1909) who was expelled from the Jesuits for his modernist writings against the Pope.