Southwater Country Park has everything you need to spend the day in the great outdoors and is fast becoming one of the most popular country parks in West Sussex.
Younger children will love the dinosaur island themed play area, home to ‘Iggy the Iguanodon’, whilst older ones might like to try their hand at paddle boarding, sailing or kayaking, which are all available on the main lake.
Those that prefer dry land can fish, hire bikes to explore the adjoining Downs Link or bring their own wheels to test out the skate park.
Nature lovers will not be disappointed either as the Country Park is a mosaic of wildflowers and wildlife, particularly in the quieter Quarry area. When you are ready for refreshments, the popular on-site café is a welcome spot to sit, relax and enjoy the view.
- Visitor Centre and Café
- Dinosaur Island Play Area
- Southwater Watersports Centre (charges apply)
- Surfaced circular walking path around the main lake
- Cycle Hire (charges apply)
- Skate Park (own equipment required)
- Fishing Lake (day and annual permits available with a valid licence)
- Private Fishing Lake
- Dedicated Picnic Areas and BBQ Stands
- Quarry Lake and Conservation Area
- Walking Routes
- Direct access to the Downs Link
- Toilets and Changing Facilities
- On-site Parking (charges apply)
Please note – Dogs must be on lead in the main park during April – September.