St Peter's Church Parham

St Peters Parham

Description

St. Peter’s was built to serve the village of Parham, which no longer exists. The village was cleared in 1779 for reasons of ‘infection’ and the inhabitants relocated to Rackham but it is more likely so that the Parham House estates could be enclosed, thus leaving the church on its front lawns. The oldest parts date from 1400 but most of the present day church dates from a rebuilding carried out between 1800 and 1820.

Contact details

Address

Pulborough

West Sussex

RH20 4HS


Website