Whether you are a dedicated wildlife enthusiast or simply wanting a gentle stroll in tranquil surroundings, this 92 acre nature reserve, on the edge of Horsham town is a sanctuary for wildlife, flora and fauna.
With over 400 species of plants and more than 100 species of bird, including a thriving Heronry, wildfowl and the popular Kingfisher, the reserve winds its way around the millpond that lies at its heart.
The new Discovery Trail is perfect for families while the many bird hides and viewing screens are especially popular with wildlife photographers in search of that elusive shot.
Please be aware that the reserve and Heron's Rest Cafe will be closed for essential work from Monday 24th February - Thursday 27th February. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Heron’s Rest Café
- Visitors Centre featuring live exhibits and the UK’s first Heron Cam
- Entrance Garden and Courtyard Picnic Area
- 2.5km Discovery Trail
- Five Bird Hides and Two Viewing Screens
- Events and Activities Calendar
- Most of the reserve, including the bird hides, is accessible by wheelchairs in dry conditions
- Free Parking
- Cycle Racks
- Admission: Adults: £2.00 per person / Children: Free