Where to stay
Whatever you are planning to do, there is somewhere perfect for you to stay in Horsham District. From picturesque hotels and spas to quaint bed and breakfast, self-catered apartments to campsites and shepherd's huts (pictured: Sumners Ponds shepherd's hut), there is a place to stay for everyone.
Use websites like Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Airbnb, Trivago and Hotels.com to check out local options and find one that's right for you.
Travel by car
Horsham District is well connected by road. The A24 and the A272 are the roads you'll need to know - the A24 cuts through the District north to south, and the A272 east to west.
- From London, the M23 and the A24 offer direct routes into Horsham and the surrounding villages
- From the South coast, the A27 connects with the A24 at Worthing or the A283 at Shoreham
Travel by train
We have four town train stations in Horsham District.
- Horsham (Southern services and Thameslink services)
- Billingshurst (Southern services only)
- Pulborough (Southern services only)
- Amberley (Southern services only)
We also have three smaller stations:
- Christ's Hospital
Travel from Gatwick Airport
Visiting from overseas? Horsham District is a short drive from Gatwick Airport. Horsham Town Centre is only 11 miles from the airport, while Steyning, which is at the south of the District, is 28 miles away.
Gatwick Airport has a train station and bus services that can get you into the heart of the Sussex countryside in no time at all.