Hosting a barbecue this summer? Shop local for high-quality delicious produce to wow your guests. Here are our top picks in the key barbecue categories...
Burgers, sausages, steaks, kebabs... check out these producers for high-quality meats.
- Bangers Galore for sausages
- Knepp Estate's farm shop, also available online as Knepp Wild Range Meat, sells its free-range pasture-fed longhorn beef, red and fallow venison, and Tamworth pork
- View a list of Horsham District butchers
The veggie options
Check out these cheesemakers and farm shops for sides, salads and veggie mains.
- Bookham Harris farm in Rudgwick. Best known for its Sussex Charmer cheese and Italian-style Twineham Grange, it's also next to Firebird brewery!
- The Sussex Produce Company in Steyning offers a wide range of fresh fruit and veg, ready-made dishes and more
- View a list of Horsham District farm shops
Whatever you're after, there's a local producer here with a tip-top tipple...
- For juices, look to Wobblegate
- For beers, try Firebird, Dark Star, or Chapeau. View a full list of Horsham District breweries
- For wine, there are so many to choose from! Visit Horsham Cellar in Horsham town centre to find your perfect pairing, or view a full list of Horsham District vineyards
The 'all done for you' options
Prefer to enjoy the food and let someone else take care of the cooking? Order a takeaway grill meal instead...
- Best known for his pitch at Horsham Markets, Ginger Rookes has set up a takeaway service for his gluten-free barbecue boxes. Veggie and meaty options available with a whole range of sides included
- Garlic Wood Events is running a takeaway service with a different theme each week Check out its Facebook page for more details on summer-ready food