Our Charity Partner for this year's Big Nibble is Horsham District Foodbank. Each week we will be sharing a simple recipe they have come up with that uses ingredients in a food bank parcel.
View the recipe for Lentil and Tomato Soup below, or download and print the card.
- Chop the onion and fry slowly in a saucepan.
- Add the lentils and stir.
- Add tomatoes and mix together
- Mix the stock cube into the water and add to the pan.
- Add chilli flakes and any other seasoning.
- Put a lid on the pan and leave to cook for about 1 hour, adding more water if needed.
- If you want the soup to be smooth, use a hand blender
Every donation of food or money contributes enormously to keeping the Foodbank running.
200g red lentils
1 400g tin tomatoes
1 vegetable stock cube
1 litre boiling water
1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper, to season