As part of the Virtual Big Nibble, chef Jean Delport of Restaurant Interlude at Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens shows us how to make this delectable dark chocolate pudding.
Read the recipe below and download and print the recipe card for your bookshelf.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt gently in a bowl over gently simmering water. (bain marie)
- Soften the leaf gelatine by soaking in iced water for a few minutes.
- Whisk the yolks and sugar together until pale and thick.
- Bring the milk and cream just to the boil and pour on to the yolk mix, whisking continuously.
- Return this mixture to a clean pan and cook slowly to 86°C constantly stirring.
- Drain and mix in the softened gelatine and cool to 50°C.
- Gradually whisk in the melted chocolate to the custard and emulsify with a hand blender.
- Pour the chocolate cremeux into piping bag or lined moulds (the pictured dessert uses a mould) as desired and refrigerate until set.
Drink Pairing from The Horsham Cellar: Jordon Late Harvest Riesling (South Africa)
190g Dark Chocolate
3g Leaf Gelatine
5 x Egg Yolks
50g Caster Sugar
250ml Double Cream